Wednesday, October 1, 2008

Fig Trees and Faith

I was reading in John this morning, and the story of Jesus calling his disciples stood out. Mostly the part about Nathanael. Here is this guy, doing his thing and Jesus comes up to him and asks him to follow him. Jesus tells Nathanael- "I saw you under the fig tree". So Nathanael says something along the lines of "you ARE the Son of God". All because Jesus told him he saw him chilling under a tree. What a man of faith. Jesus is probably thinking, if only you knew what was to come. If only you knew of the great things I am going to do in front of your very eyes. He even tells Nathanael he will see great things. I mean a few days later Jesus turns water to wine.

What faith. Because he knew who Jesus was, and because he was blown away by one of Jesus' lesser known moments, he would be a witness to the miraculous!

I can only hope that my faith and my love for THE Son of God would allow me to see the miraculous. I hope I can have faith like Nathanael.

No comments: