
I used to hate Valentine’s Day. I thought it was ridiculous. People getting gifts, showing their love for the world to see. And me, as a single person tried justifying to everyone I knew that my hatred for this holiday was because of the marketing of the day. The selling of love etc and not because I was single. I remember one friend saying to me “Danielle, someday when you have someone you will love Valentine’s Day.” I said no, I will never ever love this day.
Today, I eat my words.
First, I will admit, I love this holiday. And it is because I have Ryan who is doing everything he can to make this holiday super special for me.
I was challenged the other day by a co-worker. She LOVES Valentine’s Day, and she is single. Her perspective is one that I never had. She loves the holiday because it’s a chance to show others love. I wish I had that view on it years ago. Oh, I always did things for my dorm sections and my students, but it was never in celebration of a holiday created to express love.
So, on the eve of this day filled with love, my opinion has changed. I want to not only show Ryan that I love him, but those around me.
I like Valentine’s Day.
No comments:
Post a Comment