
A few years ago I was very anti valentine’s day. I claimed it was just a “Hallmark Holiday”. I despised it. I remember one year I had a really bad v-day….and I posted it on facebook or something. One of my friends wrote me back and said, “you won’t hate it when you’re not single”. I was miserable so I just laughed. I had always said I didn’t hate it because I was single, I hated it because of what it stood for.
I was wrong. I met Ryan. Ryan changed everything.
I remember our first Valentine’s day together. We were engaged, and living in two different cities. We celebrated the weekend before, he spoiled me. Took me to dinner. It was great. But we knew we wanted to see each other on the actual day. So we met halfway—Longview. We had Starbucks, and had to part ways all too soon. It was by far the most memorable Valentine’s Day. Last year Ry took me to the beach for a day. Followed by take out from PF Changs…again, a wonderful time.
This year, I was excited for Valentine’s day to arrive. Something has changed in me. Sure, it has something to do with the fact that I am married now...and I will admit that. But I love that there is a special day, where I can go all out and celebrate the love I have for Ryan. I realize that I don’t need a special day, but I love that it is a good excuse.
I am so thankful to have a man who loves me so well. I love him so much, more today than that first Valentine’s Day two years ago.
Happy Valentine’s Day Ryan!
No comments:
Post a Comment