Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Living the Dream

I have to kick myself sometimes. I am sitting in my office living my dream. Those who have known me the longest know I have wanted to work in Television since I was a little kid. My childhood friends remember me drawing TV sets and talking about TV news. I used to only dream I would get to do this and get paid for it.

I love how God works. Just when I want to get down, God reminds me this is what I have wanted and this is what he has made me to do. I am so fortunate, so blessed, so honored...really honored. I don’t know what tomorrow holds or when God will move me in a different direction. Several years ago when I produced my first newscast – and mind you it was terrible…I prayed a prayer of thanks and told God he could move me in a different direction whenever he wants.

Several years later, I still tell the Lord that often. He has blessed me beyond belief. There isn’t a job I think I deserve or think I have earned. Frankly, I am just blessed beyond belief that the Lord has brought me to this place in life. I always view my work as I’m just filling a spot until someone else takes it.

And far superior to any career achievement I will ever have is the great relationship I have with my wife and with my family. Every once in a while, it’s good for a man to remember how blessed he is – and if anyone ever doubted, I don’t take this life for granted. There is reason to live, there is reason to work harder than the people around you, there is reason to love people more and there is reason to share our excitement…because God is choosing to show me favor and I hope my actions will be an example to him.

-Ryan

No comments: