Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Phew..what a whirlwind


I have been MIA the past week or so. That is because the greatest in-laws were here!

But before I get to that, I need to share about my wonderful Valentine! Ryan loves to spoil, and that he did. He bought me a new beautiful trunk for our living room. I have been eyeballing it for a while. Came out with roses dusted in glitter. Took me to dinner at our VDay favorite: PF Changs and got me Dove Chocolate..all I really wanted! This all took place a few days before Vday. I loved it. I love being with Ryan. I am so thankful for my amazing hubby. And Vday is just a sweet reminder of him and our love for each other.

The next the whirlwind began. House cleaning. Of course, I had to have it PERFECT with the inlaws due to arrive that night. I got to work. Then realized that I clogged our disposal. Yuck. So our friend Dave came to the rescue! After that I finished restoring order to my home and we waited anxiously to get to the airport!

Finally Dave and Judy arrived! Yay! Their visit began quickly that night and I feel we never stopped! I saw so much of Tennessee in their week long visit! We went to the Opryland Hotel, and missed the tour of the Grand Ole Opry by two minutes! We spent some time downtown goofing off. We spent a day poking around Historic Franklin and ended up at the Carnton Plantion. Which was used as a field hospital during the Civil War. It was pretty cool.

The following day we went to Cracker Barrel for breakfast and then off to Belle Meade Plantation. By far, one of my favorite sites! An afternoon of relaxing was much needed!

Our journey's continued at the Country Music Hall of Fame. Wow. We then drove around a bunch looking at houses (my FIL is a Real Estate Agent..so this was fun!!!). Ryan and I took them to dinner at the Melting Pot and they loved it! Thursday I surprised my MIL and took her to Homestead Manor for afternoon Tea. It was my first experience as it was hers. We had a great time sipping tea and eating small sandwiches!

Friday we went to an Antique Show which was pretty impressive. After that I had to have them experience Chick-fil-a! It was a hit! Then it was off to The Hermitage: the home of Andrew Jackson! What a beautiful place!!

Their week-long visit ended with breakfast at Loveless Cafe and a trip to the Jack Daniel's Distillery and a drive to Chattanooga!

We sooo loved having them here. It was such a fun experience to share our life here with our family. I can't wait for the rest to come!

No comments: