Thursday, October 25, 2012

A blessing bigger than we could have prayed for

I have an urge to use a good cliche, write an attention grabbing headline or even tease you a bit.  But as every good writer knows, often times the facts of the story are stronger than any words preceding them. 

Brooklynn Marie is home with us.

Through a carefully orchestrated plan that only our Heavenly Father could pull together, we are the proud parents of a healthy baby girl.  Brooklynn Marie was born October 3rd.

Let me back-up a bit so you understand what took place.  As you have read on this blog, Danielle and I began the process of adoption a year ago last month.  This was something we had prayed about for years both individually and together.  I'll spare you the details of how we got to this point - only to say that a Birth-Mom selected us after reading our profile.  She liked that Danielle's parents would be called Oma and Opa, she liked the looks on our faces in the pictures and she liked that we had friends who had young kids.  She said Brooklynn kicked a bit when she was looking at our profile.

We can't post pictures until the adoption is finalized - which could be next Spring.  This adoption process is not over yet as several things still need to take place.  We ask that you pray for us in this process, pray for the birth-Mom and praise God for bringing Brooklynn into our lives to love.

We were so fortunate that she arrived in time for my Parents and my Aunt and Uncle to meet her during a pre-planned trip to Nashville.  We will share more in the future, but wanted you all to know.

We have never in our lives been blessed by such great friends and our supportive family and we thank you all.  We pray God will bless you as you have all blessed us.

Ryan, Danielle and Brooklynn

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm so happy for you, Danielle and hubby. It's my dream to foster-to-adopt, and we're not quite at that stage yet but I love hearing from others who have similar passions. I'm so happy for you!

Amber Fernandez

Anna said...

Wahooo!! Sooo thrilled for you three! I love her name and I can't wait till pictures can officially be posted! Im snugglin' with my baby girl this morning on our very Fall morning in Oregon. There truly is nothing like this blessing! Isn't your heart just sooo full?! Love how God works. You two will be such fantastic parents. Love the Lord, love each other and love that baby girl! That's a rich life! Love ya!

Anna shelton