Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lead
not on your own understanding. In all your ways, submit to him and he
will make your path straight.
Proverbs 3:5-6
This is a verse I am trying to figure out, trying to understand and trying to live out.
"Trust in the Lord" is something that rolls off our tongues, but rarely shows up in our lives.
I like how dictionary.com explains the meaning of the word "Trust."
It says "trust" is the confident expectation of something or "hope."
So the first part of this verse means we are to have confident expectation or hope in the Lord...
It goes onto say, not leaning on your own understanding.
I take this to mean, not leaning on what I know -
but being confident in the hope of the Lord - which we all know is
greater than anything we know.
Then in Proverbs 3:6 - we are told to submit to the Lord so he can make our path right.
Without submitting to the Lord, our path won't be straight - or it won't be aligned with what the Lord has for us.
So here I am pondering this verse about my own life.
Am I being confident and hopeful in the Lord?
Am I admitting my own understanding is limited, but his understanding is great?
Am I admitting my own understanding is limited, but his understanding is great?
It sure would be nice to say it is, but I don't think it is most of the time.
I find myself putting limits to what God is capable of doing because I don't have a limitless mind.
I think all of us do this.
I try to take control of every situation instead if submitting it over to him.
We are all human so I know there are things we need to submit and hand over to the Lord.
Let's give him our concerns and let's decide not to limit what he can do through them or how he can resolve them.-Ryan
No comments:
Post a Comment