Thursday, December 13, 2012

Giving Thanks

Colossians 3:17-18
17And whatever you do, whether in word or deed, do it all in the name of the Lord Jesus, giving thanks to God the Father through him.


It is a cool winter day here in Nashville.  The sun is bright, the sky is blue and my heart is content.  How can this be?  I keep asking myself and even God if I should be sad or depressed with everything that has been happening in the past several weeks with Brooklynn.  It's been hard.  It has pushed me, it has tested me, but I feel satisfied today.  I feel full in life.  It just doesn't make sense because I know Satan is on the attack, I know he wants to take us down.  He's trying and he's stepping up his fight.  I see it around me, I see it close to me - but I feel secure.  I feel secure in the Lord.


My mind is at peace.  Even if it is just for a second, I feel at a peace.  This is alone is reason to give thanks.  This alone is reason to smile, to be joyful.  I know hard moments are here, I know hard moments are ahead, but I know God is in control.  I have surrendered control of my life. 



So even if just for a moment, even if just for a day - I give thanks to God.  Even in the most challenging of times, he can provide what we can't provide for ourselves.  He can provide the stamina, energy, the mindset, peace, power, control, the willingness and the ability to live through today.


For this, I give thanks.  

-Ryan

No comments: