
Ryan and I were talking this morning about how quickly the past month has flown by. At times it seems like it was yesterday I was waking up and getting ready for the big day, saying "I do" and becoming a "Mrs". Yet, at the same time, I feel like the wedding was ages ago.
I have not really had a chance to share about the wedding. So, here is a blog dedicated to my perspective of the wedding and really the entire day.
I woke up to the sun shining. I had been so worried that we would have crummy weather the day of the wedding, I was hoping for the opposite since pictures were outside and I had not back up plan. A friend of mine came all the way from Portland to do my hair. She did a great job! Another friend came and did my makeup. A couple of the girls were getting ready with me. We were having a great time. I was not at all nervous, or worried just very excited, and anxious to see Ryan! I wanted to text him, but I was told I wasn't allowed. :)
When we got to the church the girls and my mom helped me into my dress. It took forever since we were waiting to steam it, which we never did. My mom pinned my Oma's pearl ring inside my dress for my something old. I had my friend Katherine's veil on as my something borrowed. We glued a penny to the bottom of my shoes as the "sixpence" in my shoe as good luck. After what seemed like FOREVER I was able to go see Ryan. He was waiting in the sanctuary with his back to me. I walked in very quietly but my heart was racing. When Ryan turned around, all he could say was, "wow" over and over again. I kept giggling and had tears in my eyes. It was finally happening.
After we had a few moments together we headed outside where Gregg (the best man) was waiting with the car. He drove us down to the Capital building where the rest of our wedding party was waiting. We proceeded to have lots of pictures taken. The photographer at one point said to me "I could not have ordered better weather myself" PRAISE THE LORD! I was so concerned about rain, and the weather was amazing. We had lots of fun taking pictures! The wedding party left except Gregg and Tiffany (Matron of Honor). Ryan and I got to do more pictures, some inside the capital building-which are beautiful. It was such a special time, and some of my favorite memories of the day.
After pictures we ate some food (and shh...had some champagne). It was soon time for the girls to head into the church. The waiting killed me. My dad soon joined me where we had some sweet time together. It was now my turn to walk towards my groom. I couldn't take my eyes off him. I had tears in my eyes as I saw my beloved awaiting. It felt like a very holy moment. The sanctuary was beautiful and the atmosphere indescribable.
I don't remember much. I don't remember kissing my dad. I don't remember seeing my mom. I remember almost tripping up the steps. I remember Ryan. I remember Kristine doing an excellent job reading. I remember Tiff grabbing my bouquet. I remember what Mark said. I remember saying "I do" too soon. I remember Ryan dropping the unity candle. I remember him trying to kiss me too soon. I remember laughing. Crying. Praying together. Sharing special memories. I remember Tyler singing. I remember Ryan's kiss. I remember my ring bearer giving me a high five as I walked back down the aisle. I remember signing the marriage certificate and getting more pictures taken.
It was now time for the reception. My dad's old friend Jim was taking pictures of us walking in. I noticed the things that were wrong, but quickly pulled myself together and enjoyed all the people (I think there were a little over 200!!!). We were greeted by so many dear friends and family. The toasts were beautiful, I remember being in tears a couple of times. Ryan and I couldn't figure out how to cut the cake, and we didn't have any where to put it. He soon put it all over my back and arm. So nice. The tiny bite we had was yummy. We mingled some more then he tossed the garter, he was so polite too! I tossed the bouquet. My dad wanted to pray over us, then surprised me by encouraging us to dance. I was caught off guard as the church did not allow dancing. :) Ryan then said "let's go". I was ready. No one knew what was happening as I was being whisked away. People caught on and blew bubbles. The car was waiting. The back said "Breaking News Just Married" which I thought was funny and quite appropriate! We left with my mom, his dad and a bridesmaid or two chasing after the car...oops!
What a whirlwind of a day. It was so wonderful, beautiful and perfect. I will never forget a single moment of it. It was the most happy moment in my life.
Now, I am married to the most amazing man. A whole month. I have learned so much about Ryan, patience, selflessness, and love. We are having a great time! I LOVE being married! To answer everyone's question "how is married life?" Absolutely amazing!!!
Oh and you can see our wedding pictures at: www.pictage.com
No comments:
Post a Comment