Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Vacation

When people heard me say that I was going to visit my in-laws for vacation, many of them shuddered. Vacation and In-laws don’t line up…but they do for me!! Ryan and I left last Wednesday morning for Yakima, and didn’t return home until late Sunday night. It was such a wonderful and refreshing time for us.

Wednesday Ryan and I drove up through Washington’s Wine Country. We stopped at a few wineries, a couple of which we really liked and a couple that were well, a waste of good taste buds! We had such a wonderful time together. We had dinner that night with Ryan’s parents and just hung out for the evening.

Thursday morning I just relaxed and didn’t do too much. Ryan worked with his dad. I met my mother-in-law for lunch and had a wonderful time. Thursday I hung out with Ryan and his dad while they worked. Thursday night I made dinner for the family and we spent some more time just taking it easy.

Friday dawned sunny but with a chance of sprinkles. Ryan and I headed to the driving range with Ryan’s grandpa. I hit a golf ball for the first time besides miniature golfing! It was so much fun. My longest hit was about 125 yards, I was pretty happy with that! I had several good hits!! I think I could enjoy golfing. I spent the afternoon lounging in the sun reading and finishing a book.

Saturday morning we headed out to the Tri-Cities. I had never been before and we had a great time shopping and hanging out. The day ended with dinner in Yakima.

Sunday morning after church we enjoyed a nice BBQ with Ryan’s parents and grandparents. It was a great way to celebrate Father’s Day. We then headed over the mountains to meet my parents for dinner.

When we got home Sunday night, it took everything in me not to just fall into my bed exhausted. It was such a lovely and relaxing vacation, and a very wonderful time with my in-laws. But I am glad to be home, just maybe not being back to work!

No comments: