I realized that it has been a while since I last blogged. So here are a few updates on life as we know it in the Hawes House.
1. I got a new job. Well, kind of. I am going to be moving to another branch that is two minutes down the road from where I am at now. I will still be a receptionist, but I will have more administrative duties. I am very excited about this.
2. Ryan made applesauce. He spent his day off yesterday peeling, slicing, boiling, and mashing apples until sauce was made. I am impressed, and so proud of him.
3. Meow is getting HUGE. We think he is of the Main Coone Breed. They turn out to be big kitties. Uh oh.
4. We are nearing our one year anniversary, I cannot believe how quickly this year has flown by.
5. I have been looking into Culinary Schools. At least trying to find a good cake decorating class, but I am striking out.
6. I also cannot find any good baking supply stores around us.
7. I have been learning that I am not a very patient person, and many reasons why I am not a teacher in any capacity.
8. Fall has finally arrived, with the exception of the 90 degree weather, but the trees are beautiful!
9. We spent Labor Day Weekend up in Woodinville Washington. It was a blast. We went to Chateau St. Michelle. It was amazing. We did their reserve tasting. You have to make reservations ahead of time, but it’s totally worth it. We were taken into this cool older room in the Chateau and they had the wine set out for you at a giant dining room table. It’s very private and enjoyable. We got to taste some of the best Chateau wines and visit with another couple who also did the tasting. It was much better than the crowded tasting room. It was definitely one of our best tasting experiences….including some of the ones in Napa Valley!
10. We think we finally found a home church. It’s a little further than we live, but if we can get plugged into a small group near us, we think the drive will make it worth our while. I feel so strongly about finding a home church in our neighborhood, but we have not found one that we have felt we could call “home”. So we are expanding our borders.
That’s about it for now…more to come…sometime.
No comments:
Post a Comment