Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Daily CZECH Up-Preparation

Last night I was out with one of my good friends. She asked me if we were ready for our trip.

I quickly said "Yes! We are so excited!" Then I realized. No, I am not ready at all. In fact I have had very little time or energy to think about it.

In my mind we have so much to do. Get a backpack for me. Get some clothes that will help. Start walking every day so we can be in shape for the trip. Get cat sitters figured out. And the list goes on.

But as Ryan talked about in a previous post, it's more important for us to be preparing our hearts for what the Lord is doing.

And I have failed. I keep getting caught up in all the other craziness in our life, that I forget to just slow down, and really allow the Lord to be working on my heart. To ready me for the work he is going to do this summer.

Time to put the lists aside, and get on my knees! Because more than good walking shoes, I need to be prepared spiritually for this trip.

No comments: