2010 – Oh what a year!
It’s hard to summarize a year jam-packed with change, but man am I thankful for it. I have been challenged beyond belief, thrown out of my comfort zone and forced to share my concerns with my Savior more than ever before.
Danielle and I sensed change when January 1st came last year so we aren’t all that surprised by where we are today. The year began celebrating the Christmas day birth of our nephew. I am so thankful for the time God has given us to build a relationship with Hadlie and Jackson. We enjoyed the Spring – spending time with family and friends. While having lunch with some friends, we learned of yet a new opportunity.
That opportunity took us to the Czech Republic. Little did we know how that adventure would prepare us for an even greater one. We spent a couple weeks working at an English camp and seeing another part of the world. God taught me on that trip that he would bring us through anything and never leave our side and he hasn’t!
When we returned, life didn’t slow down one bit! After searching nationwide for where God was going to move us, Danielle and I became content with the idea we may be staying in Portland. And just as soon as we became content, we realized our life was changing. Almost from the start, it seemed like Nashville would be our new home. A couple of flights back and forth and our move began. On our second anniversary, we tearfully loaded up the car and made the trek across the country to our new home.
I told you God has proven to us he won’t leave us and he hasn’t! In fact, he is really paving the way for us. Here are just a few of the things God is doing and has done. He has protected us from Satan’s attacks. Even at our weakest moment, God has intervened and protected us. He has protected our health, generously provided through others for us to go to the Czech Republic, kept us safe overseas, provided financially, provided for our families, given us special relationships with friends and family, gave us blue skies our entire drive across the country, provided a place for us to live in Nashville, gave us a safe trip back to the northwest at Christmas, provided a couple that would introduce us to our new church in Nashville, given Danielle a great volunteer opportunity in Nashville, brought Danielle and I even closer, given Danielle and I a number of great experiences to share together, allowed me to work during the day and sleep at night again and given us reason to believe that great things are in store for the future!
Summarizing a year is tough because so much happens. As I read through all our Christmas cards last night and the various updates from friends and family, I was reminded of what great people influence our lives. As tough as this world and our sin can be on people, I am so thankful to be surrounded by people dedicated to thriving through tough times. I was so encouraged to read the victories people are having and even more encouraged to see the Lord being a part of people’s lives more than ever.
As you reflect this week on the year that has been, it is my hope that you’ll choose to be optimistic about the future. We don’t know what tomorrow will bring, but based on the past – we can be assured that no matter what happens, God is still in control.
Danielle and I are so appreciative of the many people who have prayed us through the year. Thank you for tolerating our tears, our ups and downs and being there for us along the way.
Happy New Year!
Ryan
2 comments:
Awesome update Ryan. I sure wish I could have seen you guys while you were in town. But the holidays are crazy times!! Maybe if you come this summer we can drive down! That would be great! You will continue to be in our prayers this year!
Love, Melissa
We would love that Mel! And then we will get to meet your little girl! :)
Thanks for the prayers! We will be praying for you guys too, especially the adoption!
Post a Comment