Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Changes...


Life is crazy. Things can change so quickly.

First of all, I cut off my hair. It was the longest I have ever had it...that I can remember. I took it all off. Probably a good 6 or 7 inches. I am still getting used to it... but I am liking it more and more. It's so light.

I finally got a job! The past six months my only job has been being a wife. I have loved this job. We both prayed that I would get a job I would love, and that would be a good fit for me. The time has come.

Within a month of moving here, I got plugged into our church. I was volunteering with one of the Pastors who needed help administratively. This was a great time for me, but the time came where they were able to hire someone to help him. Little did I know, me not working in that position, would allow for something else.

The High School Youth Pastor called me not long after this. He asked me if I was at all interested in Youth Ministry or if I had experience. I laughed to myself, and proceeded to tell him that I love youth min, my degree is in that field, and that I used to be on staff at a church. This led to more conversations, and then this past Thursday a job offer. It is a part time position, which is great. I will get to do a variety of things that fit my personality and gifts so well!

I am beyond excited and feel so blessed to be in this position. I have been praying and waiting on the Lord for the green light to get back into youth ministry, and it's here. I cannot wait to start!!

1 comment:

Meliski said...

Awesome how God is using you where you are at! I'll keep praying that things go smoothly for you. We sure miss you out here, but I know you guys are where you need to be! <3