Saturday, April 30, 2011

A Princess....


I think most little girls dream of becoming a princess. We put on tiara's, fancy dresses. We wear our mom's makeup, and walk tall in her high-heeled shoes. We dream of princes, white horses and castles far away. We dream of happy-ever-after.

Yesterday that dream literally came true for one common girl. One girl who won the heart of a prince. I was glued to the tv. I was just as anxious to see the gown of the future Queen of England. My mom asked me why. I said, because it's my generations fairy tale. Princess Catherine is around my age. She married Prince William, who I dreamed of, like many girls my age. She became a princess.

I have been thinking about this a lot. And I have two things running through my head. First, because of my relationship with God, the Creator and Ruler, I am called an heir. A princess. I may not wear England's Crown Jewels, but one day I will wear a crown. I may not be on the arm of Prince William, but I am a daughter of the King! Pretty amazing imagery after watching a beautiful Royal Wedding.

My other thought is the prince part. I am so lucky that two and a half years ago I married my own prince. One who cherishes me and treats me like a princess. One who works hard. Loves others. Gives of himself.

So, as I watch the reply of this beautiful occassion I am reminded that I am a princess. And that I am lucky enough to have married my very own Prince Charming.

Now, enjoying the Happy-Ever-After!

1 comment:

Meliski said...

Love this! I feel the exact same way! :)