First you have all the grandmas! My grandma is still alive. And when I married Ryan, I got a Nana, and another grandma! What a blessing!
Then there are the adopted ones, like ZoeAnne Pilger, Una Stonehocker and the newest, Reba Johnson. Two of these women loved Ryan like he was their own son, and me by default! But they truly care for us. We have lived with ZoeAnne. We have laughed with Una. We have been welcomed by Reba. We are so thankful to have these women in our lives.
Of course, there are those women who have been mentors to me. Mom's in a way. Shannon, Mariah, Bri. These women impacted me more than they may ever know. They taught me much about loving the Lord, leadership, and ministry.
But there are three women I especially think about on Mother's day. My Mom. My MIL. And my sis-in-law.
I will start with Shelly! I am super thankful that I have a sister!! She has become a dear friend to me. And she is a wonderful mother to my favorite two kiddos. I love how she keeps us involved in their lives. She's the best "sister"!
Then I have my MIL. Judy. I am pretty lucky. I don't think a lot of people can say that they like their MIL. Let alone, have a relationship with her. The first day I met Judy, I knew I had a new friend. We chatted about books, life and her son! :) Our relationship has grown so much and I am so blessed to have this Godly woman has my Mother-in-Law. She raised two great kids. Of course, I am very partial to one! She raised him to work hard, care for others, and be very generous. She loves people well, takes care of them, and sacrifices for her family. She loves me like I was her own flesh and blood.

And of course there is my Mom. My best friend. I don't know where I would be without her. I learned to be a woman from her. I learned to be a friend. I learned to be a wife. And someday, a mother myself. She has been there for me through everything, and has been a constant support. She has the most gentle spirit. Everyone who meets her knows just how sweet and kind she is. She loves everyone she is contact with, and is slow to judge. She gives of herself. She loves the Lord. And she loves her family.

I couldn't be more blessed. So many amazing women in my life. So many who have been mentors and friends to me.
So, to all the "Mom's" in my life, Happy Mother's Day! I am a better woman because of you.
No comments:
Post a Comment