Thursday, November 1, 2012

Refusing to ask "why"

In the past couple days, I have asked God a lot of questions about our situation.  By now, you probably know we are facing the realization that our Baby Brooklynn may not be with us as long as we wanted.  But one question I refuse to ask is "why."  Throughout my life, I have witnessed people demanding to know "why" in situations they go through, but I just won't ask that question.  Here's "why"....

Despite my broken heart, so many tears, feeling  exhausted physically and emotionally - I believe without a doubt that God is walking us through this journey for a purpose.  Weeks ago, I started a blog post with the verse "For I know the plans I have for you declare the Lord, plans to give you a hope and a future.  Then you will call on me and come and pray to me, and I will listen to you."  This comes from Jeremiah 29:11 and 12.  This is an easy verse to claim when it feels like everything is going in the right direction, but it's even more true when you have lost control and are at the mercy of the Lord.  We are praying, you are praying and our wonderful savior is listening.

Today, we accept that all control is gone, our hope for what we wanted is fading - but the promise that there is hope tomorrow is stronger than ever.

Family and Friends, if you get nothing else from what we are going through - hear this.  In the darkest days of our lives thus far, I bear witness to the fact that God's love and strength are enough.  Not for a second, has God left our side and my friends - he is at your side as well.  I know it, I believe it and I claim it.  I want you to do the same, this experience just isn't worth it if you aren't willing to claim the promises of Christ.

This morning, I surrendered everything to him and man was it hard.  I even said, "Lord - if it is your will, take my daughter and please protect her."  God knows I want her with us as long as we are here and this continues to be my prayer - but I am willing to do whatever God wants.

Finally, I encourage you to praise God for this situation.  I know I am trying!  As tough as things are, there is joy to be had.  God has given us great days with Brooklynn and we have no idea how many more we will have, God has used us to care for this little girl in her time of need, God is using this little girl to bring others close to him, he using her to bring people together and we know this is just the beginning.

So, let's not ask why.  Let's look forward with great anticipation to God  continuing to reveal himself through this situation.

Danielle, Brooklynn, myself and our families are grateful for your prayers and support.  Countless churches are praying for our situation coast to coast and around the world.  We are truly humbled that so many of you have put aside what you are going through to pray for us and reach out to us.  The truths you are speaking about the Lord are so powerful.

1 comment:

Dani said...

I really appreciate this post and the reminders...praying for you three.