
I love musicals. For years I had been hearing about "Wicked". Actually, every since college when our President used one of the songs about room-mates in chapel. This fall I saw an ad for Wicked. I knew we had to go. So I emailed Ryan the information in hopes he would say yes. He said no, not this year. I was so bummed. So I asked my parents for tickets as a Christmas, or birthday gift, they responded with maybe. I was frustrated. I had really wanted to go, but figured it wouldn't happen.
I was wrong. For Christmas Ryan decided to surprise me with tickets to Wicked in March. I could hardly believe it, I was so excited!! I would finally get to see it. So, I wanted to read the book WICKED before the play came, but there were so many people waiting for it at the library that I didn't get a chance. I was given a copy of the soundtrack and needless to say, for the past two weeks that is all I have been listening to. I love the music and it made the anticipation even greater.

We went yesterday!! I was so excited. We left with plenty of time to get to Keller Auditorium. Only, we googled it and got the wrong address, we got the address for the ticket office. With 20 minutes before the show, the ticket lady said we would have to go down four blocks and over four blocks to the theater. We didn't think we would have time to get the car and get down there...so we walked. I was in heels...oh man was I in pain! We were rushing, and went the wrong way for three blocks. We still made in just over ten minutes!! We had time to buy a program, use the bathroom and find our great seats!! We had a wonderful view. We weren't close enough to see faces, but the set was phenomenal!! The whole thing was simply amazing. Even Ryan loved it!!:)
Wicked is def. one of my favorite musicals now. I can't wait for it to tour again!! We will for sure be buying tickets!!
No comments:
Post a Comment