
I am worn out, and it's only the beginning of Wednesday. One of my co-workers mentioned looking forward to the weekend. She said that we all just need a break, a day or two to do whatever we want, to sleep in. Ahh, sweet rest.
I chuckled to myself, hmm, doesn't the Bible say to take a Sabbath?
I remember in college being challenged to take a Sabbath. A day to rest. The professor told us, it's not about the day but the principle. I took Thursdays. I didn't do homework on Thursday nights. I did what would help me "rest". Sometimes that meant going out with friends for "First Thursday" or reading a book for fun. Sometimes it meant extended time in the Word. These were precious times for me. Somewhere though through the course of school I lost sight of this principle.
I was challenged by my co-workers comment about the weekend. I always look forward to the weekend, mostly because I get to spend some quality time with my husband. But maybe I need to rethink my weekend, maybe I need to be intentional about a time of sabbath. Me and my Savior. Resting.
No comments:
Post a Comment