This weekend I kept saying to myself, “26, that’s it.. I am not turning 30 or having another big birthday, nope, just 26”. Ryan made it feel like it was some huge significant day in my life, one of those “big” birthdays where you go all out.
My birthday was a three day celebration. I didn’t plan for it to be this way, it just was.
Thursday I arrived at work and got a nice gift from my co-worker. Then all the girls I work with brought me a cookies-n-cream cake and a bouquet of flowers as well as a gift card. Wow. They bought us all Starbucks, and we had Applebees for lunch. My husband showed up with a huge bouquet of flowers as well. After lunch I had another bouquet from one of the guys who works in our warehouse. Another co-worker brought me coffee and a huge chocolate muffin. The day ended with dinner with my friend Suzanne whose birthday was the Monday before mine. What a day.
Friday morning Ryan and I both woke up early with excitement-we both had the day off and he some fun stuffed planned. We went to breakfast at the Cadillac Café down by the Lloyd Center. I had the most amazing Pear Mimosa ever. It was so good. After breakfast Ryan took me to Hand & Stone Massage to get well, a massage. It was so relaxing. While I was there he went home and packed our suitcases. He picked me up with Starbucks in hand. We then drove up to Centralia where the next surprise was lunch with one of my good friends that I don’t get to see too often, Sarah. We had a nice time catching up. Ryan picked me up and we drove up to my parents house to spend the night with them. I had been feeling a bit homesick, so this was a nice surprise. They took us to dinner at the Outback. Then we went and saw “17 again” (I know, it’s a teen movie, but I enjoyed it). The night ended with a big bowl of Chocolate Peanut Butter Ice Cream! YUMMY!
Saturday morning my mom made us breakfast before we headed off to Seattle to spend the day shopping. Ryan had gotten me several gift cards to some of my favorite stores. We had a great time and I found many things, mostly on sale!! After the game we checked into the Hotel that Ryan had surprised me with. We stayed at the Warwick Hotel in downtown Seattle. When we got to our room we had a beautiful view of the parking lot. So Ryan called the desk and told them that he had been guaranteed a room with a view of the Space Needle. So they switched us. We got to the new floor and it smelled like smoke. We got to our room, also smelling like smoke, we were ready to leave. Please know, neither of us complain much, but Ryan had booked the room in January and was frustrated that we didn’t get what we wanted. So, the girl at the desk moved us to the top floor of the hotel into a suite. A room that cost at least double what we were paying. It had the most amazing view of downtown and the Space Needle. We were happy with the change! We then went to the Mariner’s game!! What a game…they lost. I was so bummed, but that’s ok. We had a great time. We sat by a really nice couple who I chatted with for a while. On the way back to the hotel, Ryan got us a Taxi instead of going on the bus. It was my first Taxi ride-and boy was that an experience. Back at our room, there was a bottle of sparkling cider and chocolate covered strawberries awaiting our arrival. We couldn’t have asked for a better view. What a great way to end the best birthday!!
Ryan spoiled me so much this weekend!! We had such a wonderful time!! And today, I can hardly keep my eyes open!!
Pictures will soon follow!!
1 comment:
how fun! sounds like an amazing birthday and that's our kinda birthday!
Post a Comment