1. While I don't love the rain year around, I love the occasional rainy day after a bunch of hot days, there is something about that summer shower...something refreshing. That and the smell, I love the smell.
2. We found out yesterday that Ryan's sister (my Sis in law) and her husband are having a baby boy. We are going to have a nephew in December/January...can't wait to meet him.
3. I am thankful for my neighbors. We have this great German couple who live across the way from us. It is so fun to talk about Germany and german food, traditions and everything with them. It is also wonderful to have neighbors we trust and watch out for us. I spent Saturday night for about 4.5 hours talking with them and another woman in our complex...it was actually a blast.
4. I am surprised by the niceness of some people. Ryan and I were at Ikea this weekend and we saw a man with a baby in his arms needing a cart and another guy was returning it and instead gave it to the man with the baby. It warmed both of our hearts to see people do simple acts of kindness.
5. I went on a baking frenzy this weekend. Ryan had to work Saturday so I played. I made this amazing cake truffles, they are so fun. It took me a while to get the hang of dipping them, but they are so cute. I found them at this blog: http://www.bakerella.blogspot.com/ I also made chocolate chip cookies and snicker doodles. Then I gave them to my neighbors!
6. Betty Crocker has released some Gluten Free cake, cookie and brownie mixes. Awesome. Can't wait to try them!
7. Meow truly lives up to his name. Neither of us slept well last night because Meow sat outside our door crying...all night long. Other than that, he is so much fun. He has this particular love for my necklace. I was sitting on the couch when he came running across the room, jumped up on me and went straight for the necklace, how did he know where it was? Crazy cat.
8. I am looking forward to this weekend. It has been a long week...and well we didn't get much of a weekend last weekend. So, we are excited. My parents are coming so we can go to The Bite of Oregon. Then Sunday is the first pre-season football game, we are so excited. It makes me feel like it's fall. I love the fall. LOVE IT.
9. Did I mention that I love fall, and that I cannot believe it's approaching! WOOHOO!
10. My MIL got me these great pants back in June, somehow between the fitting room and my house they shrunk. Seriously. :) Well I decided that today I will make them fit...and they do...mostly. They are so cute. I love it when I like my outfit and feel good in it. :)
11. Ryan is incredible. He is just great. I love him. We are near two years of being together..time flies!!
No comments:
Post a Comment