
Two years ago I was at Young Life camp. We were driving home and listening to Mark Wagner, who was the musician at camp. My mentor and long time friend was asking me all kinds of questions about this man that I had been talking about all week. She couldn’t help but notice the grin on my face. She wanted to know everything. I remember her saying something like “this could be the one”. I remember thinking that myself. Could I really be with this man I have never met? Then it hit me..hard. I was going to meet him in just a few short days. The butterflies start going. What if he doesn’t like me? What if I don’t like him?
But deep down I knew that wasn’t possible. My heart was already captivated by this man. I still remember him walking up the porch and me telling my room-mate to answer the door. She said no, I had too. He was so sweet and such a gentleman. The quick side hug. The warm smile. The easy conversation. The bugs in our wine. The desire to hold his hand the entire date. The excitement to see him again. I will never forget that night. The night that I met my best friend, my soul mate my other half.
Today marks two years of us being together. Two years since that first date. While now we have a wedding anniversary to look forward to, I will always look forward to this day. The day I met my husband.
1 comment:
i loved reading this! was it really 2 years ago?!? wow, congrats to a freakin awesome couple.
Post a Comment