Thursday, April 8, 2010

Pride

I had a fresh reminder today of pride. I was reminded of how ugly it is. Of how it makes other people feel around you.

I was also reminded of my own pride. The constant battle that rages within me. I hate this battle. I hate fighting pride.

I don’t want to be a prideful person in any way. When I do something great, I don’t want to relish in the glory. When I am strong, confident and successful, I don’t want to alienate others. I don’t want pride to be my ruin, or the ruin of relationships around me.

It’s ugly. It’s annoying. It’s frustrating.

I want to be humble. Thankful for the gifts that I have received. And I want to use those gifts not to make me the better person, but to bless others. I don’t ever want the things I made to do become my confidence, I want the One who made me to do those things be my source of confidence. No more self-glory. No more taking all the credit. It’s time to be rid of this pride.