No, we are not pregnant. I know most of you assumed that as soon as you read the title.
We do have big news though. We are moving. Not just down the street, or across town. But across the Country. To Nashville, TN to be exact. Ryan just got a promotion within his company, and the job is in Nashville.
I have to confess, this was a hard decision for us. But a good one. We are going through so many different emotions right now. Fear. Sadness. Excitement. Stress. Loneliness.
See, we have been praying for a while that the Lord would make clear the place he wanted us to live. Ryan's contract was up in November (as was our lease!) and we knew we had to make some decisions. Do we stay in Portland near our friends, and family? Or do we pursue even bigger dreams for ourselves. Our life has been chaotic with Ryan's schedule. We have both been exhausted for a long time. So after lots and lots of prayer, we knew we needed to go. In fact, we were initially considering Phoenix. Then the door to Nashville flew wide open. So much so we knew it wasn't us, but the Lord making this happen.
So we are off. Ryan will be the Assistant News Director for one of the stations out there! (I am so proud of him!) We leave October 18 (on our anniversary)to start a new chapter in our life.
I am not saying that this is at all easy. We have both had our fair share of tears. We don't know what the future holds, but we know that we are being obedient to Christ. And that makes us excited for this new journey. Excited for what he has for us. And I am praying that the tornadoes and Brown Recluse spiders are not a part of that plan! :)
So please pray for us as we leave. Pray for us as we have to say a lot of really hard goodbyes. Pray for our safety as we drive across the Country...with Meow. Pray for us to get settled, meet new friends, and find a new home church.
We love you all!
Here is a song that I have been listening to that reminds me of this journey Ryan and are on! I know it's not exactly correct. But bare with me.
Late Tuesday: I must go
Time flies when you’re having fun
And it’s flown too quickly for me
For my time has arrived
The day has come, the day I must leave
Where I’ll go I cannot barely know
All I see is the road at my feet
I must go, I must leave this place
I have somewhere to go
I have a new road to follow
I must go, and though I wish I could stay
There is something beyond what I see
I must go
And though I feel like I’m losing myself as I fear leaving all this behind me
I will not, I will not lose my faith as I go
For my fears will be vanished in time
And I know that I will be fine
I must go, I must leave this place
I have somewhere to go
I have a new road to follow
I must go, and though I wish I could stay
There is something beyond what I see
I must go
And I will not forget you, I could not forget you
Even though I cannot be by your side
But life’s course has brought us to this place, tomorrow we must embrace
And seek joy in this bittersweet goodbye
2 comments:
That is big news! I am so glad that God has made His way clear for you. It will be hard, but the Lord will be with you every step of the way. Praying for you during this time.
before i even read what song it was. i knew...
i'm so excited for you and your hubs. prayers will be said your way.
Post a Comment