Ryan and I have started Weight Watchers several times. Then slowly fall off the wagon, and start again.
This time, I hope it sticks. We have been doing well. Even with Ryan's best friend's wedding, we managed to lose, and we ate a ton. It's a slow journey that's for sure! We have been slowly changing our habits. Eating less. Eating more veggies. And trying to find a time to exercise with our crazy schedules. So far, we are doing it! It's been a month now. And I am encouraged.
One reason I am encouraged is watching people around me on "crash diets". You know the ones, starve yourself and only eat 1/3 of the calories you should, then binge because you are starving. They don't work. Then there's me, trucking along. Eating more vegetables than I have my whole life! And trying hard. But at the end of the day, I have to remember that I am doing this the healthy way. Sure, those on the crash diet may lose quicker, but they are unhealthy and will gain it back quicker. It took me over a year to gain back the weight I lost with WW the first time. So, with that, I am encouraged.
I am also encouraged by my friend Jen. We went to college together and lived just across the hall from one another as RA's. She joined WW 3 years ago, and is now a lifetime member! I have been reading her blog, and recently found her blog about being healthy and her journey with WW. Check it out here!
Another thing that has helped is having the right tools. I use my measuring spoons all the time! I am so glad that I have 3 sets! I wish I could just buy a tablespoon, because I use that the most! My kitchen scale has been huge! I use that to measure portions instead of measuring cups. It is more accurate. But it just died. Sad, I know. But now I get to go buy a nice new digital one! Oh yeah, I am so excited. And I hear that they are great for more accurate baking. Ziploc bags are huge too! I take any snacks we buy and measure out the portions and put them in one of these little guys. Then I write the point value on it. It's so great! Ryan loves it too, it makes it so much easier for portion control! I love using WW online! It's great to put my recipes in and find out how many points that they are! And to track what I am eating! Lastly, recipes. I have found some amazing WW recipes! Like these (click for the link) yummy lemon bars I made the other night. (Sorry if it seems like I am copying you Jen on your favs...but they are great and my favs too! :) )
Lastly, my encouragement is Ryan. I am so glad that we are doing this together. Right now, we are unable to attend the meetings. But having him there, is a huge help. He is constantly reminding me that I have only so many points! I appreciate that about him.
So, hopefully this time we will reach goal weight. I was 30 pounds away last time...now, well I am more than that. So I am hoping by Christmas to be 30 pounds or less away from goal! Wouldn't that be great????
2 comments:
Hi Danielle! Thanks for tagging my blog. You're determination speaks volumes. The slower the better and it is exciting to see you not giving up! Praying foe your and your weight loss.
Jennifer
Thanks Jen!
Post a Comment