Thursday, August 7, 2008

Coffee/tea snobs?

Ryan and I are creatures of habit when it comes to Starbucks. He orders a grande mocha frapp. light. I order my tall extra-hot non-fat chai. So, we may say our drinks wrong, but it never changes.

Today, I threw a wrench in the order. I ordered a grande, non-fat, vanilla, tea misto (it's basically a milk tea..yummy). Which not only confused my poor fiance ordering, but the barista as well. Apparently his normal basic drink confused them as well.

He got a normal frapp, all the sugar and whip cream included. I got a lukewarm tea. Yuck.

Now, please know that we never ever send our drinks back. In fact, we were over charged the other day and just didn't bother with it. But today, today was unacceptable, well unacceptable enough for us to send our drinks back. Does that make us coffee snobs? I mean we are not those people who order everything weird and then have it a certain temperature, and then once we get it know what that temperature actually tastes like.

The barista certainly thought we were picky. Dirty looks and all. I just don't want to be labeled as a coffee snob.

No comments: