Thursday, December 3, 2009

My Monster



Meow has become a little monster. By Monster I mean giant pawed huge kitty monster. I cannot believe how big he is. He loves to lay on his back and expose his very fluffy tummy, not fat, fluffy. He’s just a monster.

He is so sweet and affectionate. I have never had or met a cat like him. He loves to give love, especially to me. Ryan would tell you it’s true, but he def gives love to Ryan! Meow likes to wake me up around 3 in the morning, every night. He gets on me and starts licking my face and nudging me. He just wants so much love and wants to share it with me. Then he proceeds to sleep on my head. Yes, on my head. The other night I was laying on my stomach and he stretched from one shoulder to the other with his little face resting on my cheek just purring and sleeping. It was the sweetest thing…until I couldn’t fall back to sleep.

He also likes to be where we are. If we leave a room, he follows. He doesn’t have to be with us every moment, just in sight of us. It’s so cute. When we leave for a few days, even with someone kitty sitting, he just wants to be held and loved and is afraid we will leave him again.

I love my little guy so much. I had a guy at work ask me yesterday if he has become like our child….you know, kind of. Ryan even bought Meow a stocking for Christmas. Of course, the stocking says Meow right on it. He brings us so much joy. He is truly a good cat…curious, but good.

We have been reading up on the Maine Coon Breed of cats. I have a friend who told me that Meow might be of this very popular breed. So I read up…he does seem to have many of the traits. Long ear hair. Long hair in his toes. Fluffy tail. Giant paws. Fascination with water. Loyal. Playful. Affectionate, but not a lap cat. Huge. Did I mention how big my monster is getting? This breed can get up to 4 feet long with the tail..yikes. They tend to have some dog-like traits…like playing fetch. Yup. There were several more, but as both Ryan and I have read up, we are pretty convinced he is at least partially Maine Coon.

Looking forward to my monster getting much bigger, especially with him sleeping on my head. Great.




Baby Monster




Not so baby Monster

No comments: