I often think I am an easy going person. I try to be nice to everyone and polite. I would hope people would do the same. But in reality that is not the case. People are rude. Selfish. Mean. I try to not let these people and their comments get to me, but sometimes that is impossible. Sometimes one rude response can ruin my day, or at least put me in a sour mood, especially towards that one person.
I know people get stressed out, especially during the holidays, but really? If you took the time to breathe before making a comment, you can change someone’s day. Ok, so now I feel like a hypocrite. This weekend I didn’t get much sleep, so Saturday I was a bit short with Ryan. But if I just took a second to think about the impact it made on him, my Saturday would have been a lot happier, same with Ryan’s!
I also am aware the power of a sweet word. Today I brought in a plate of goodies to work. One of the sales reps was so nice and complimented my baking…it quickly turned my sour mood around.
Words are so powerful, whether to sting, or to lift up. The offer life, or death. The can make, or really break someone’s day. I need to try so much harder to not let these negative people bring me down, instead focus on making other people feel appreciated, and cared for. Instead of responding in frustration, I need to take a second then reply. I am sure that would change a person’s day just by being nice in my replies.
Maybe people would be happier too if we all took the time to say a nice word. After all, a kind word turns away wrath. Right?
No comments:
Post a Comment