Tuesday, December 15, 2009

A Night to Remember




I am a pretty sentimental person. I have a shoe box that holds all my treasures from Ryan. All the cards he has given me, seashells from the beach, ticket stubs. I remember all the special occasions in our relationship. The day we went on our first date, the day he told me he loved me. The day is proposed. That day, December 15, 2007. Two years ago today.

People often ask me how Ryan proposed and I quickly say, under a 75 ft. Christmas Tree. It’s true. Pioneer Courthouse Square here in Portland. It was beautiful, and such a perfect place.

Last year we had hoped to go and visit “our tree”, but the snow storm made that too difficult. Tonight we are going to celebrate the night we got engaged. It might seem a bit ridiculous to you, but for us, we enjoy it. A nice dinner out, and a stroll in downtown Portland to see such a special tree (that is if it’s not too rainy, then we will go another night to see the tree).

None the less, we will take tonight to remember a night that changed both of our lives. A night we made a promise. A night neither of us will ever forget.

No comments: