What do you cling too? Relationships, identity, money, memories?
Have you thought about the impact “clinging to things” can have on you? I have been thinking a lot about this lately. If you read our blog, you know that Danielle and I moved across the country recently. I think it’s only natural to cling to things. We cling to the grocery store we liked, to the restaurants we frequented and to the relationships we had. What I have realized is that clinging to those things has paralyzed me from embracing what’s new. Instead, I want to move towards a place of cherishing those things so I can enjoy new things in Middle Tennessee.
There are several facts I have had to accept. Relationships have changed and are changing. I am no longer close to the people I once called friends in Oregon. In fact, with the exception of a couple – I hardly even talk to those I used to see regularly. Instead, I want to cherish the sweet times I had with friends so that I can embrace new friends here. The same goes with family. Circumstances have changed our relationships and that’s not a bad thing, it’s just part of the process. I don’t want to cling to what “was,” instead I want to cherish what I had so I can enjoy this new chapter.
There were some restaurants I really liked in Portland – but if I cling onto the atmosphere and flavor, I’ll never get to experience the new restaurants in Nashville. I certainly don’t want that.
Do you get what I am saying?
What are you clinging onto today? I hope you’ll join me in choosing to “cherish” instead of clinging onto things so you can embrace what’s new in your life.
-Ryan
2 comments:
I Love it! I vow to cherish and not cling.
Post a Comment