Hope you had a good weekend. I am a big fan of exploring and checking out new places. This weekend was another weekend of firsts for us. Danielle's brother came to visit. It's always so fun to have people visit and reminds us of the great people we have in our lives. It also gives us opportunities to see new places that we don't normally get to visit.
Saturday morning, we got up early and drove to Bowling Green, KY. That's about an hour north of here and a good drive. We went to Lost Cave. A storm was moving through so we didn't explore the property much, but I think another visit would give us a chance to see more around the property. What we did do there was take a boat ride through a cave. The price was a little steep for the experience. You take a 5 minute walk to get on the boat and then you set off in the cave. Watch your head, the first part of the cave has a low ceiling. I managed to bump my head a few times as we went through it. The 15-20 minute tour teaches you about the questionable history of the cave. There is a good story about people who restored it the past few decades. This was fun to do, but as my brother-in-law said: you do this once and you don't need to do it again. That said, we had a good time together and stayed mostly dry.
What I would recommend you check out is the Corvette Museum. This is just off the interstate. I'm not a car guy, but I found this to be a great learning experience and one of the better museums I have toured. They do a nice job explaining the storied history of the Corvette - while also making it very visually appealing. This was a very relevant museum that would appeal to people of any age whether you like cars or not. You get to look at all different models of Corvettes and they have a neat cafe that is very reasonably priced where you can grab lunch.
Sunday afternoon, we went to the always impressive Jack Daniel's distillery. I highly recommend this to anyone visiting Middle Tennessee.
Have a great week!
-Ryan
No comments:
Post a Comment